Thursday, April 11, 2019

Music: Who Wants To sentient Without It?


Music has always played a major part of my life, as from the very old age I can recall classical music each time playing in our home. daddy had a lot of 78s and an electric artist which required frequent needle changes. In fact I used to watch him tweak them religiously all eight plays not something he would allow anyone else do!!

As children, we used to offer singing recitals - especially at Christmas times!! I am grateful for the drying our parents gave us to music even if daddy was a bit single minded when, in the tardy 50s my brother Kenneth, bought house a recording of a new rock-n-roll singer called friend Holly I think dad thought it was not proper music and that the lp couldnt possibly be in the works to the same okay as his Beethoven or Mozart recordings!!

He used to have constant discussions next Kenneth about playing them upon his radiogram. And as for the Beatles and Rolling Stones chronicles I wanted to work a few years progressive no comment!!

Both my two brothers were taught to exploit classical music on the piano by our Aunty Win. For myself; it was 1962 and I was far and wide too excited in my Uncle Franks brand extra MGB roadster to concentrate attempt as my mum did to support me!!

My eldest brother, Robert, turned out to be a intensely dexterous musician playing the French horn professionally for many years. Kenneth, my other brother, in sophisticated years, would get all his beer bought for him in the NAFFI bar, bashing out songs bearing in mind we had a session mind you he always had a bad head the next-door day!

After I left house and joined the British Armed Forces, I have to tell my mates were not too glad about Grieg bodily played in the barrack room. same burden as my dad had stand-in music. for that reason I had to use earphones to listen to him. But later than 'The Who' came upon now, that was a substitute tab - after that we used to acquire into upset next the duty Sergeant for playing the music too loud!!

Anyway, exceeding the years, I have developed a passion for all types of music and my heap of vinyl chronicles has now grown to tote up Amadeus Mozart through to Led Zeppelin. But, I guess if I had to choose just one fragment of music to admit to that desert island it would have to be:

Mozarts Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra No1 in F Minor, Op 73

My favourite recording of this outstanding piece: (only one of several!)

Deutshe Grammophon 136550 SLPEM (stereo - 1968) Karl Leister, Clarinet, Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Rafael Kubelik.

I bought this recording whilst stationed in Germany in 1970 previously subsequently I have obtained supplementary fine recordings of the Concerto, but I locate Karl Leisters explanation of the Adagio(in particular) perfectly captures Mozarts objective of writing the most profoundly expressive hobby for a solo instrument.

I never fail to be moved by it


Syeda ZeenatPosted By Dian

I'm simple Blogger

0 comments:

Post a Comment